What is the cost of the workshops?
- For each Workshop the cost is $70.00 per day or full Workshop fee is $300.00 for 5 days. It is better for children to attend on the first day if they are coming for 1 day, as they learn routines & make friends & if they arrive later in the week, they would be slightly behind and we wouldn't want anyone to feel out of place.
Is there an early booking discount?
- Yes, if you book for the next Workshop before the end of the previous Workshop you are entitled to a 10% discount.
What if we book early for the Workshop and later discover that we cannot attend?
- Artz on Show allows the deposit or full payment to be transferred to another Workshop. Our policy allows this to happen only once per deposit, however you are able to transfer to any other Workshop in the same year.
- One weeks notice for non attendance must be given prior to the Workshop beginning, once the Workshop begins the deposit is lost.
Do you have any specials for more than two children?
- When you book in 3 or more children from one family you are entitled to 10% off your fees. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other special or offer.
What does my child need to bring?
- We require you to send your child along with a packed lunch and drink bottle- they cannot venture out to the shops, nor are there kitchen facilities for things like hot water to make two minute noodles etc.
What time does the Workshop start and finish, each day?
- We are on site from 8.30am each day and classes begin at 9.30am
- The workshop finishes at 4pm Monday - Thursday, you can arrive at 3.45pm to watch the warm down and get a glimpse of what your children have been up to during the day.
- Friday is show day and will run longer as the show starts at 4pm (in most regions) and will go for 45 min - 1 hour.
What activities will my child participate in?
- Artz on Show has 5 core subjects every Workshop, every student will participate in drama, theatre arts, jazz, hip hop, and art.
- Specialist activities change every Workshop according to the theme, these can be face painting, team building, vocal coaching, modelling and nutrition, cartooning, ballroom dancing, tap, cheer-leading, gymnastics and many more.
- See the Disciplines Page for further details on activities
Can I come and see what my child has learnt?
- We do not allow parents to sit in on classes as this takes the focus away from the class.
- There is an opportunity to see excerpts of the day just before collection at 3.45pm when students get an opportunity to perform and talk about their day.
Is there a Performance?
- Yes, all students participate in a Performance on the Friday.
Performance times are:
- Auckland CBD: Friday, 7pm
- East Auckland, North Shore and Hamilton: 4pm
Do I need to purchase tickets?
- No, we do not charge for the show, this is an opportunity for friends and families to see what the student has been involved in during the week.
Why are you called a Workshop?
- Artz on Show is not a holiday programme. We are a Workshop, this means we provide classes which are educational, focusing on developing a range of skills including confidence and self esteem.
- At Artz on Show we expect Learning Behaviour